Monday, May 17, 2010

First Cory, then deKyn, and now Taegyn

Yesterday was a pretty day. The weather was great! We thought it would be fun to eat a picnic out in the back yard. Apparently our back yard is not kid proof. Taegyn was sitting in her camping chair and fell backwards and hit her head oun our cement retaining wall. Cut her head right open. Of course it had to be Sunday when this happened so to the ER we went. It was the first time they have ever gotten us in and out quickly when we have gone to the ER. I don't know if the hurried us in because she was freaking out, of if it was because she was bleeding. The doctors and nurses were really nice to us and tried to help calm her down, which in turn made her even more frantic. She had watched deKyn get a staple in his head and was very adament that she didn't want staples to close the hole in her head. She got really mad when they put the "headband" on her head!
After the numbing medicine kicked in, they brought in the stuff to do the staple. It took three of us to hold her down so the doctor could put it in. Poor Taegyn. But as soon as we left, she was fine.
I wonder how she'll do when we get it taken out.

7 comments:

KFerrara said...

OUCH!!!! Brought back all the memories of when we took Sammie in for splitting her chin open :(
Hopefully she'll do find when it comes time to remove the staple.

Bobby Sue said...

Ohh! Abby! Poor girl!

Jeff and Kate Dixon said...

She must have had a pretty good gash to stapel it! - last time Carter had one of those I decided to superglue it myself!
No fun! I hope she is ok :(

Jenn Mobbs said...

OUCH! How did you handle the whole ordeal? I think sometimes it's worse as a parent to go through an event like this. Trying to sooth and not panick can be a challange!

jaclyn weist said...

Ow!! Poor kid. We've had 3 of the six get stitches so far - one boy got them TWICE within a month!! tripping over cars, freak accidents with folding chairs (it literally flipped him!!), etc makes for owie kids. And I think it was Ashley they had to straight jacket when they were getting the stitches OUT...

Rob and Lori said...

Poor girl...I don't like the headband either. So sad.

Brittany Gifford said...

OH dear...and on a Sunday too! When you get it removed come in on a Friday to Alpine Peds so I can see you!!