

We had a good birthday with the family. My mom always makes the grandkids quilts for their first birthdays and Davyn was no exception. She did such a great job on his quilt.

It has sail boats all over it. I love the colors too. I am just greatful that she does these quilts because I think that it will be a great heirloom for my kids when they get older.

Davyn really wasn't that interested in opening his presents, which I really didn't think that he would be. But from the little bit that he did get, he got great stuff.

I decided to do something a little more non-traditional for a first birthday cake this year. I have to admit, I had a friend that gave me the idea. It's true that if I didn't do cakes, there is no way I would have ever gone this all out for a cake but, why not when the possibilities are endless?


Davyn was also the only kid of mine so far that would actually dig into his birthday cake and smash it all over himself and in his hair! LOVED IT!


It has been great watching my little blue eyed boy grow and learn everyday. He has been walking for over a month now, he is starting to learns signs and words, and he is starting to mimic what his older brother and sister do. He definatley keeps us on our toes, but his laughter and smile can melt your heart.


We love you Little Bug, Happy First Birthday!






3 comments:
How fun! I love that quilt! I'll trade lessons on how to quilt for making little girl dresses. :)
Oh man, that is one CUTE kid! He has such beautiful eyes. The cake looks awesome too, way to go Abby!
Oh my, he is so cute!
Post a Comment