Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feeding Blue

All I really asked Cory for for Christmas was a parakeet. I didn't think that he would actually get me a bird but to my surprise on Christmas morning, there my bird was sitting on the floor in it's cage in our living room. I had parakeets growing up and enjoy when they get comfortable enough with you to interact with you. Well, Blue (named by the kids) is just starting to get a little more comfortable with us. Today, he sat on deKyn's hand for quite awhile and let him feed him and he has let Taegyn stick her hands in his cage and feed him. The kids really enjoy when Blue gets on their fingers or hands and lets them hold them. I enjoy watching them interact with the bird too.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so awesome! What a fun pet! I bet he'll get lots of love from your kids.

KFerrara said...

I am so proud of you for updating your blog!!!
How fun to have a pet that the kids love and help you take care of.
I miss you and we need to get together soon for a girls night out!

leah said...

That is so fun. I think animals are great to have around. The pics of the house are looking cute. Hope you guys are doing well.

Daisy said...

Abby I feel awful! All this time I thought you hadn't updated your blog since September! I guess it doesn't update the private blogs when you follow on the dashboard!
Sorry for the neglect- I will get caught up on your life at once!!!! ;)